Based on the actual and predicted weather we have decided to postpone the race at Chena Lakes by a week. Driving will be difficult and it is unlikely that the trails will be in good shape by Sunday.
We have not been able to find a race director for the Birch Hill race. We only have one date as an option (it has to correspond with the Tour of Anchorage) and although there are many people who have great affection for this race, we have decided this year to go with the race that has someone willing to take charge of it and the one that has most of the planning already taken care of. Thanks Nina for putting on this event and working to make the arrangements.
So, the good news is that the skiing at Chena Lakes will likely be spectacular after all this new snow. All of the registration and race information remains the same as in the earlier post, it will just be shifted to March 5. If you have not raced out there I would encourage you to give it a try – it is some of the most fun skijoring in the Fairbanks region.