When: Sunday, May 17th. Driver check-in from 8:00-8:30 am. Mandatory race meeting/bib draw for all drivers at 8:30 am. The races will begin 10 minutes after the completion of the race meeting.
Where: Birch Hill Recreation Area, Fairbanks, Alaska.
Distances: 1.75 miles and 2.5 miles. (Please note: Distances may change slightly in accordance to race day trail conditions.)
- Bikejor 2 dog (2.5 mile)
- Scooter 2 dog (2.5 mile)
- Bikejor 1 dog (1.75 mile)
- Scooter 1 dog (1.75 mile)
- Canicross 1 dog (1.75 mile) – MASS START, separate men’s and women’s divisions
Prizes: Trophies for 1st and 2nd place in each class!
Send the class, driver and dog(s) name(s) and ages, and DID/country (if applicable) to Chris Burrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration closes Friday the 15th of May at 10 pm.
You will need to sign your entry form and pay your fees on Sunday, May 17th during driver check-in.
– 1 dog: $20 (ASPA members $15)
– 2 dog: $30 (ASPA members $25)
– each additional race: $10
This is an IFSS Accredited Event. All classes are IFSS accredited with the exception of the 2-dog bikejor class. Drivers wishing to compete for World Cup points must have an IFSS DID (Driver Identification #) at the time of the race, which is purchased through USFSS. Please refer to the USFSS web site: www.usfss.org.
A Few Important Race Rules:
- Helmets are required for all bikejor and scooter drivers.
- The same dog(s) cannot run in two different races unless one race is canicross.
- Dogs must be at least 12 months of age for canicross and 18 months for bike and scooter.
For complete dryland rules please go to the International Federation of Sleddog Sports Web site.
Questions? Contact Chris Burrow 907-322-4657 or email him at email@example.com.