Attention Fellow Skijorers! ASPA is joining with the North Pole Economic Development Corporation and Mt Mckinley Bank to have skijoring at the North Pole Winter Championships!
When: Saturday and/or Sunday, March 8 and/or 9th. Fee payment & race form signature required, 8am-8:30am. Mandatory race meeting for all drivers & parents of minors at 8:30. Race starts at 9am.
Where: Morning Star Park, 2945 Monk Court, North Pole, Alaska (corner of Badger & Hurst)
Distance: 1.8 mile or 5.5 mile
1. Championship Long Class: 1 or 2 dog, 5.5 mile, Saturday AND Sunday, Senior
2. Championship Short Class: 1 dog, 1.8 mile, Saturday AND Sunday, Senior
3. Championship Short Class: 1 dog, 1.8 mile, Saturday AND Sunday, Junior
4. Fun Long Class: 1, 2, or 3 dog, 5! .5 mile, Saturday AND/OR Sunday, Senior
5. Fun Short Class: 1 or 2 dog, 1.8 mile, Saturday AND/OR Sunday, Senior
6. Fun Short Class: 1 or 2 dog, 1.8 mile, Saturday AND/OR Sunday, Junior
-Championship Long Classes/Senior: $150/1st; $100/2nd; $50/3rd place. Attendance at awards ceremony is required.
-Championship Short Classes/Senior & Junior: 1st/Headlamp; Neck Gaitor/2nd; Dog Collar/3rd; all embroidered with “North Pole Winter Championships.” Attendance at awards ceremony is required.
-All Fun Classes: prizes of gift certificates & merchandise donated by local businesses to be awarded by random drawing immediately following the finish each day.
-$25 for 2-day Championship Classes
-$10/day for Fu! n Classes (racers may race one or both days in the Fun Class)
Fee payment and race form signature required before racing.
Pre-registration is REQUIRED! To sign-up send skier name, class/distance, dog name(s) to Sara Elzey, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6pm Thursday March 6, OR attend the race draw at the Leaf & Bean, 3340 Badger Road, North Pole, at 6pm.
Race Rules and Special Information for Juniors:
Juniors are ages 8-15. They must wear helmets. A parent or guardian must sign the liability waiver/permission form and stay on site while the junior is racing. For complete Alaska Skijoring & Pulk Association race rules go to www.alaskaskijoring.org.
Questions? contact Sara Elzey email@example.com